That is why I created this project. I love doing activities with my kids and this one gives your child a place to use their imagination and talent to write and illustrate their own "I Miss You Book".
Click the image for instructions and template.
Please share what ideas your little ones came up with.
1. I miss ______________ when they go ______________.
Write who you miss, “Mom, Dad, Teddy Bear….” Then where they go “Work, School, Bathroom….”
2. I can’t wait to see them and ______________.
Write any action, “Hug them. Kiss them. Give them a high five….”
3. We are first going to play my favorite game, ______________.
Write your favorite game, “Chess. Go Fish. Hide the shoe...”
4. Then we are going to get creative and ______________.
Write your favorite crafty activities, “Paint pictures. Mold play-dough. Glue sticks and rocks together….”
5. Then we will go outside and ______________.
Write what you’ll do, “Catch bugs, find treasure, look for tiger shaped clouds….”
6. But, I will want to run inside so we can ______________.
Write a great indoor activity. “Make cookies, build towers of blocks, pretend to be tigers….”
7. Then we are going to go to ______________ and we will ______________.
Write any destination. “The store. The woods. The moon!”
Write what you’ll do. “Buy gummy worms. Bury earth worms. Do the worm…moon walk…”
8. When we get home, I want to ______________.
Write the first thing you’ll do, “Have a snack, kick off my shoes, say hello to Mr. Snuggle-bottoms the cat…”
9. Then we will relax by ______________.
Write the most relaxing activity, “Reading. Cuddling. Watching a movie…”
10. Now I know when they go it is not for long. Fun adventures are waiting for us when they come home.
Draw you and the person you missed.